Doctor on my mind: What if Clara is the Doctor’s Daughter?

1. John Church says:

You invalidate any possible argument you might make with ‘Freema Agyeman, who played both Donna Noble and Adeola Oshodi’.

Donna Noble???????

W.T.F?

Try Dr. Martha Jones on for size. Does that fit better?

I’ve seen London, I’ve seen France
    I’ve seen your ignorance…

Gah! Well spotted, corrected. You’re right, I’m stupid. That’s what I get for writing with insufficient coffee in my bloodstream. The mind thinks one thing but my fingers type another. Blasted fingers, playing tricks on me.

Thanks for the catch!

• Susie says:

Quote ‘I think that Oswin somehow survived the explosion. Or, more accurately – she didn’t, but regenerated.’ However oswin was dead all through the episode; yet we did not know this till the end. Oswin was she had become a dalek the whole time, hence her being ‘dead’, yet only her mind was left to be placed in the metal exoseliton. Surely when the dalek’s were distroyed she was destroyed with them due to her being a dalek.

Furthermore, Oswin seemed to know nothing of the doctor when she met him; if she was to be his daugher would she have said something or acted like she knew him. Like Lorna Bucket, the girl from the gamma forests, could be Jenny due to the constant reference to running and how jenny’s last words were ‘run.’

• Wes says:

True ad well I forget about the girl u speak pleas refresh me mrmory

• anonymous says:

In asylum of the daleks there was a girl at the dalek asylum known as oswin Oswald and she loved sofles and she turned out to be a dalek and she made the other daleks forget the doctor

• anonymous says:

Or if you mean the other girl in the doctors daughter she was cloned from a tissue of the doctor and she died but came back to life like regenerating except she kept her appearance and she went on some adventure

2. Bill says:

My theory is that they’re going to do a reverse Eve Myles with her. But I’ve also gotten used to my theories being incorrect.

3. holly1010frey says:

I hope they bring her back, but how awkward would it be since she has now kissed the doctor. She kissed her DAD. Why in all the aliens and scanners and other time lords have popped up has no one sensed her presence as another TIME LORD!!!!!!

4. Maria says:

I don’t think Clara is the Doctor’s daughter Jenny or even a of River’s daughter at all. We have way too little information on the character just based on 2 episodes. I have a sneaking suspicion Steven Moffat is gonna keep us guessing so all theories are just still theories. Besides its way too awkward for any daughter to passionately kiss her own dad. YUCK! :P

5. anynomous says:

Hmm…interesting! That theory may have a point.

6. Wes says:

I’m entitled to agree I just thought about it snc if makes since. I mean we don’t whts happend to Jenny it never tells us.

7. Adam Yellin says:

One thing that implies your theory might be correct is in the second episode of this season, “Ankhatan” there is a moment when Clara is first let loose on the city and she bumps into what looks like a Hath from “The Doctor’s Daughter” episode and gives him a real double look. It was that look, that made me do a Google search on Doctor’s Daughter and Clara to find this blog post.

8. Tannan Baldwin says:

It’s possible but we see her grow up from a child with her (Clara) family in another episode. I thought maybe it was possible that she was his granddaughter (Susan Foreman) regenerated, but again, we run into the fact that we’ve seen her as a child with her family, presumably from birth. Time Lords can regenerate, but I don’t think they can be “re-born” as it would be in this case. I’d like to have Jenny or Susan in the show again, but I don’t think Clara is either one.

9. Wes says:

What episode was the granddaughter in