DAZ Studio tutorial: Using the Elite Human Surface Shader

1. elizabyte says:

I’ve been working with the Maya texture, which comes with the Elite Shader, and while it looks fine pre-render, it’s flat white when it renders. I’ve been trying to figure out why (I really want to use the Maya texture!), but I’m at a loss.

Any clues?

Are you using DAZ Studio 4? If so there’s an update to the Elite Surface Shader you need to download and install. That (if I remember correctly) should fix it.

Hope that helps!

2. elizabyte says:

Nup, I’m using D|S 3.1.3.32. I’ve fiddled with the extra settings and I can’t seem to get rid of the “all white” thing. Quite frustrating. :)

• Marco says:

I’m using Studio 4.5.0.49 Pro x64 and the omnifreaker that came with the Elite V4 textures (Amy, Lana, Maya, Marie). I had the same problem with the reflective skin MATs. Try the regular MATs instead.

3. Arwym says:

Thank you for the tutorials, Greywulf. I am new to 3D rendering, and currently on a low budget. Do you know of any free alternatives to the Elite Human Surface shader, or something that might help me achieve similar results?

4. tone says:

Im using daz 4.0 pro i just downloaded the elite surface shader i got as far as hightlighting m4 then whent to the shader but i dont see were the ishader is at pls help

• Marco says:

Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats > Shaders > omnifreaker > HumanSurface, second one.

Yeah, it’s pretty hidden. Unfortunately the library search function only works on filenames, not folder names, making it pretty useless.

1. August 12, 2013