The other classes of undead

1. Oz says:

First thing that popped to mind for an undead barbarian was reaver. Maybe an undead bard would be a dirge?
    .-= Oz´s last blog ..Felica Day Will Be At GenCon =-.

2. by_the_sword says:

Back in 1st edition the Ju ju zombie was a lot like an undead rogue.

3. Elton says:

A Fighter becoming a lich is a Skeleton Warrior. A lich cleric is called an Archlich, and don’t forget the Heucuva. :D
    .-= Elton´s last blog ..The BEO2K10 v2, I got this for free! =-.

That’s it! The Huecuva (or Heucuva, depending on which typo is the correct one) – that’s the Undead Cleric I was thinking about. You win the no-prize :D

The difference between a mere Skeleton Warrior and any of the ‘greater’ undead is the ability to think; a Skeleton Warrior is a mere animated shell, its skills little more than half-remembered moves. I’m thinking more powerful than that, much more powerful.

4. satyre says:

Thieves were given love in the 3E sourcebook Cityscape – the sepulchral thief endlessly watches over a building. There were some wicked undead in the Sword & Sorcery Creature Catalogue as well – one sounded similar to the Eminence.

Undead ranger – let’s see… death stalker? Sounds a bit cheesy but the black bow is a cool visual, plus I now have this picture involving one with skinning knives at it’s belt in my head…

Undead monk – if it’s a monk who just keeps on going, resolute seems to work… a failed monk would be an interesting choice for an undead… all that willpower, repressed desire. Messy.
    .-= satyre´s last blog ..the boar society =-.

5. DarkTouch says:

I think if I were to break it appart for 4th Edition, I would do it by Power Source. So death knight is what a martial character becomes.. but they can then bring their own flavor to the not quite afterlife. So a rogue would be the Shadowspawn Deathknight and a Warlord would be the Deathknight General. Arcane Casters are Liches, Divine Characters are Archliches or whatever, Psionic characters become Psiliches, etc.

What other power sources are there now? Primal characters seem to ascend to the spirit plane these days. Shadow would naturally seem to lead towards becoming a ‘Shadow’.
    .-= DarkTouch´s last blog ..Senor Misterioso for ICONS =-.