Christmas du Jour: Saint Nicholas

1. Chgowiz says:

*pokes Greywulf to remind him to provide microlite20 stats to any character he creates – he -did- design the darn gamesystem, fer cryin’ out loud… * :)=

Chgowizs last blog post..Argh

Consider myself poked :) M20 stats coming soon.

3. Chgowiz says:

Just FYI, I pimped your post on Dragonsfoot for the Santa Stats thead… :P

Chgowizs last blog post..Argh

@Chgowiz Cool! Post up a link, will ya? :D

5. Thunderforge says:

Hmm… I would have thought Santa would be either a Wizard or a Sorcerer instead of a Warlock. He’s not really getting his powers from anyone, he just uses magic and that’s all there is to it. And the idea of Santa cursing anyone seems odd to me. But hey, why not.

At least he’s got a bag of holding!!!

@Thunderforge Each to their own. Me, I like the idea of Saint Nick getting his powers from the stars (more accurately, from the Star of Bethlehem) rather than from years of arcane study or an innate gift for magic. And I’m right behind the idea of Santa cursing folks – he does punish the bad boys and girls too :D

7. I’m baffeled to say the least.
    I think using the warlock for Saint Nick is extremely creative and fresh, especially since I discussed just yesterday with one of my players how a fundamentally good aligned warlock could work storywise!
    Only the scythe seems to be …. heck it’s also freezing cool! ;)

@Shardsmith The Warlock is easily my favourite new Class in 4e D&D. The idea that they have entered into a pact (or even sold their very soul) to gain their abilities is a fascinating one, and it’s pure role-playing backstory gold.

But back to Saint Nick. I remember seeing medieval woodcarvings showing Santa Claus with a Scythe or Sickle – perhaps speaking of his druidic origin, or to represent his guardianship of the end of the year (Father Time and all that).

Either way – Santa Claus with a Scythe is freakin’ awesome!