Savage Doo: Scooby Doo for Savage Worlds!

1. mxyzplk says:

Scooby is a great RPG setup, especially for con type games. I’ve run many a game of Scooby Doo Cthulhu! Check out the CoC writeups for the gang here: http://www.mindspring.com/~ernestm/cthulhu/
    .-= mxyzplk´s last blog ..I Return! Eat My Links! =-.

2. The geek chic is perhaps hotter than Batwoman. Nice.

3. dar says:

The Amorphous Blob guys talked about ‘Scooby Doo and Cthulhu too’.

Something I have to try.

4. Sounds like a hell of an adventure Grey! That has actually inspired me to do a muder/mystery comedy for SW at some point! I ran a muder/mystery that was really fun a little bit ago with my 3.5 group, the only thing that is annoying with that is the arcane/divine classes always have spells that can possibly ruin everything unless you can be two steps ahead o’ em..

I also want to def try Deadlands Reloaded once I get my new SWEX book, since my other new one was defective.. Sigh..
    .-= wrathofzombie´s last blog ..A Little Miss Sunshine Inspired Adventure =-.

Maybe if I rendered Linda Cardellini as Batwoman. Now there’s an idea………!

6. MJ Harnish says:

A couple of years ago I tried running a Scooby Doo-like campaign using Savage Worlds but was really dissatisfied by the system because the emphasis on combat and skills (the vast majority of which kids wouldn’t have) made it feel wrong. I ended up developing my own Kidz RPG (which is based upon PDQ) to use instead because it emphasized what I wanted in the setting and eliminated what I didn’t.

@Greywulf – if you’re interested I can send you a copy of the playtest rules. If all goes as planned the book itself will be coming out this winter.
    .-= MJ Harnish´s last blog ..Want to inject more roleplaying in to your 4E game? =-.

@MJ Hamish I’d love to see that, yes please! My email address is greywulf(at)gmail.com.

I’ll be posting about our experiences with Scooby Doo (Savage Worlds style), soon!

8. Stuart says:

I recently watched both Scooby Doo movies. :D

My players have mentioned my games having a Scooby Doo quality to them… I’m very pleased they noticed. ;-)
    .-= Stuart´s last blog ..The ENnies and RPG Awards =-.