The Very Painted Lady (NSFW)

sakura

DAZ Studio, no postwork. Click to enlarge.

Twitter made me post this. Seriously.

What I love about DAZ Studio is that it’s possible to create photo-real shots like this in the same application I can use to make silly render cartoons, and anything in between. Lovely stuff.

This image is all the more special because I’m using Pendragon’s wonderful (and free!)  DAZ Studio plugin which adds autosave, multi-pass rendering, autofocus and easy Depth of Field to the app, thereby fulfilling my entire wishlist for DAZ Studio in one fell swoop. Brilliant!

1. Christa says:

The problem with Poser (which is pretty much the same in this case) is that none of the models looks “real”. And that’s always been the main reason why the majority of the professional 3D world rejected it. Eyes are “dead” and both men and women are waaaay too perfect.

I’ve seen at Renderosity (among other places) that a lot of morphs for Victoria 4 is following the same crazy trend as the model industry introduced a long time ago with Twiggy – skinny, under-nourisher creatures that are slightly blue under the eyes.
    And it’s really horrible.

I might be middle aged (or from the medieval times too..heh), but it’s an ideal that is far from what should be exposed. And unfortunately it’s all over – in Poser characters as well.

But other than that, there’s a lot of nifty plug-ins and add-ons for this kinda renders :D Poser 7 is just as make-believe without it as Daz Studio is with.

True. The eyes are always the hardest, and textures ‘n’ catchlights only go so far.

Given a choice right now I’d take DAZ Studio over Poser any day; it’s more stable, needs a third of the resources, is faster and… well, just works :D

3. Christa says:

That’s because you don’t have the resources to run Poser 7. Otherwise it’s stable enough and it works great :)

4. Dead Orcs says:

Wulf…you and Christa can debate the geek details on your rendering programs all you like, but I think this might be the hottest piece you’ve done in awhile. Well done!

Dead Orcss last blog post..Free Your Mind…with FreeMind!

@Dead Orcs Lol! I hear ya! Thanks :D

6. Christa says:

hehe…I’m the 3D geek here…Robin is just a geek :p

7. Elton says:

Err . . . what is that texture you are using? I’d love to get it (she does look covered from head to toe). Do you have any Tatoo textures that can be rendered directly in DAZ Studio? Or is that all done with postwork?

(Note, I don’t find her “hot,” as Dead Orcs would say. She’s not looking my way with a come hither look . . . :D )

Eltons last blog post..Comics

@Elton The texture and morph is the frankly gorgeous Sakura for V4. It comes highly recommended :D