First steps with DAZ Studio: Part Eight

1. Leoni says:

Awesome tut! Thanks for sharing! (If I told you how long it took me to realise that I needed to select both the object and the surface to apply a shader … well, that’s why I haven’t used DAZ Studio much in the past … I did finally figure it out ;) ) Now I need to go read your other 7 parts!!

Leonis last blog post..A Saturday morning photo journal

@Leoni Happy to oblige and welcome aboard :D

3. Stuart says:

A couple questions:

1) How do you get rid of the funny purple rash on Victoria? Surfaces?

2) Can you recommend an inexpensive (or free) starter pack of clothing? I’m still trying to figure out if this is something I want to use much… and the clothing that I have available (a couple things for Victoria that don’t work with the male morphs and the anime suit for aiko) isn’t all that inspiring.

Stuarts last blog post..Gaming, the year in review: Best and worst

@Stuart Yeh, that purple rash is ugly, isn’t it. She ought to get some cream for that.

With Victoria selected, head over to Poses->DAZ’s Victoria 4->MATerials Sample-Res and double click on !All_Natural_NG_QS. Done! For a free, low resolution texture it’s not bad. No nipples though, which looks…. odd. There’s no shortage of alternate, higher-resolution textures available though. DAZ3d, of course, has many for sale, but the free ones at sharecg.com are also worth a look. Just download, unzip and copy to your DAZ Studio/content folder.

Search for Victoria 4 Characters. Take a look at these: Sara and Naeima.

When it comes to freebie clothes, sharecg.com and Renderosity’s Freebies (direct link to V4 clothing freebies) are the place to be.

Hope that’s enough to get you started :D

5. deepindigo says:

thank you thank you this has been bugging me for weeks I got the extraordinary figure pack with a big shiny silver v4 I was not impressed when it didn’t look right now I hope it will thanks again.

Happy to oblige!

7. Norwin says:

Thanks SHADER GOD. Sweet tutorial!!!

8. Denny says:

Ok so I’ve been scouring the web for any info on how to MAKE my own shaders, but apparently this is a secret most vendors are keeping close to their chests? Any idea on how to make a simple snow shader so I can add a bit of flavour to my scenes Greywolf?

1. January 29, 2010

[…] to colour and texture the Base Figure directly. This is something I’ve already covered (here and here) – why not give it a […]