Studio66: Ever have a great idea for a story, but don't have the impetus to actually write it? Yeh, me too. Here's my idea for a cracking story. Heck, it'd make a //terrific// movie. Use as you see fit. All I want is 10% of the profits :)
Ever have a great idea for a story, but don’t have the impetus to actually write it? Yeh, me too.
Here’s my idea for a cracking story. Heck, it’d make a terrific movie. Use as you see fit. All I want is 10% of the profits
(cue gravely voiceover as the camera pans over a movie studio before zooming into a set)
- One studio came from nowhere, and smashed box office records. One studio uses no stunt men. One studio has unmatched special effects. One studio has a secret.
(focus on Kent Samson, star of the Ultraman series just finishing a scene. He looks over his glasses, he uses x-ray vision to see the make-up woman’s naked back. There’s a leering smile on his face)
- The powers are real.
Maybe Studio 66 is built on an ancient Hopi burial site. Perhaps the scripts contain hidden incantations, or there’s something in the mineral water. Whatever the reason though, Studio 66 has one big advantage over everyone else. The actors gain the powers of whoever they play. So long as the movies are popular, the powers are permanent too. And they’re fighting each other for the best roles.
Here’s a (small) role-call:
- Kent Samson has been Ultraman for three movies, though the franchise is less popular than is was. He’s losing his powers, and will do anything to get Ultraman IV made and back on top
- Dominick Nicholson has been the bad guy for more movies than he can count. He can cast magic (from his role as Dr Maximus Night), turn invisible (as Killer Voyeur) and more. He’s also a very nice guy who likes cats.
- Jessica Sargent is the all action girl. She’s played Professor Tellerman in the Treasure Hunter series for so long that she’s afraid of becoming typecast. She denies she’s special, or there’s anything odd at the studio. But she can leap 30’ in the air, turn and fire two guns without a hair out of place.
- Nathaniel Kerr is the new guy. He’s about to get caught in the middle of HUGE battles between competing actors. Let’s hope he can finish reading the script for Captain Steel Saves The Day in time…….
So anyhow. That’s my great unwritten novel idea. One of them, anyway